Monday, July 23, 2018

Shutter memo board: Farmhouse kitchen



Have you heard the old saying " One man's trash is another man's treasure"?  The hubby surprised me by bringing home five shutters.  He found them at a yard sale for $1 a piece.  My first thought was whoever sold these for such a low price got the raw end of the deal.  My second thought(s) was ooooh the projects I can do with these.


 I like that you can see the paint chipping in some areas along with the roughness in other areas. I think it adds to the "farmhouse" charm.  I scraped the flaking paint off the worst areas and gave it three coats of white paint.


Small kitchens need space saving ideas so I decided to hang it on the side of the fridge. I used liquid nail to glue heavy duty magnets on the back. 


I also spray painted some clothes pins black and used liquid nail to glue them onto the front.


I used stencils, a fine paintbrush, and black paint for the lettering.  Then added the finishing touch by hanging some favorite photos.

If you like farmhouse decor, you may also like these: farmhouse wall decorrustic produce hanging baskets

Have a look around, if you like what you see, please subscribe or follow me!

Until next time,





2 comments:

  1. Very nice Lisa! I am inspired by this! Love the idea of hanging it on the fridge!

    ReplyDelete

Halloween witch: DIY style

It's that time of year where I'm busy making Halloween decorations for our Halloween party.  This year I decided to make a witch ...