Friday, May 18, 2018

propagating jasmine





 As it normally goes this little area seemed to progress as the day went  on.  It started out with cleaning off the front porch and almost tossing out the barn birdhouse.  When I thought "no, I'll find a place to hang it".  Then I remembered the shepherd hook my hubby just brought home. The table was sitting there already, it just needed a cute little potted plant.  Then I remembered the rocks from another area I was in the process of cleaning and thought "how cute".  At this point another idea popped into my head.










 I should plant some Jasmine and let it grow up the tree.  My mom has a huge old oak tree in her backyard covered with Jasmine. When its in full bloom it has the most amazing scent.  I've used this method on ivy before and it seems to be growing well.  So I did a some research on jasmine and thought I'd give it a try.

  





Cut off your sections to measure 6 inches just below a leaf.







 Then take off the bottom leaf or leaves.








 Dissolve a aspirin in 1 cup of water.

Put your cuttings in the water for 3 to 4 hours, 
 then they are ready to plant.    If you have tried this  method with jasmine leave me a comment, I'd love to hear how it went.




                                                             Until next time...

2 comments:

Halloween witch: DIY style

It's that time of year where I'm busy making Halloween decorations for our Halloween party.  This year I decided to make a witch ...