Thursday, October 4, 2018

Halloween witch: DIY style

It's that time of year where I'm busy making Halloween decorations for our Halloween party.  This year I decided to make a witch for our apple bobbin' station.  Halloween decorations can get expensive, especially the large ones, so I gathered some things I already had around the house.  I thought I'd share with you how I made my DIY witch.


First I started with an tomato cage turned upside down.  I used a soccer ball for the head. I glued on a $1 witch mask to the soccer ball. Trying to figure out how to attach the soccer ball to the tomato cage was a bit frustrating at first.  Then I broke out the handy dandy duct tape.  It's not pretty but it got the job done.  I also used the duct tape to attach a piece of pipe insulation for the arms.


I bent the pipe insulation to make an elbow and wrapped it with duct tape to hold it in place.


I used landscaping fabric for the dress.  I measured it to where it would hang about a foot below the bottom of the tomato cage, then doubled that.  I draped it inside the tomato cage using several pieces all the way around.


I made a scarf out of the landscaping fabric to cover the top of the tomato cage.


Then wrapped her arms with... landscaping fabric.


For the hands I cut out a piece of cardboard and attached wire for the fingers.  Then wrapped it all with duct tape.  I attached the hands to the pipe insulation with the duct tape.  Duct tape, duct tape, duct tape, Yep it was the go to for this project!


I covered the hands with glue using a hot glue gun.  Then added a layer of green paint.


I used green yarn for her hair.  I cut the yarn into 2ish foot sections. Then used a hot glue gun to add small sections at a time.


Then I glued small sections of the yarn down at the base of her "neck" , so the soccer ball wouldn't show.


I didn't like the fleshy tone of the mask so I added some green paint to match her hands.


I'll be adding a stir stick to her hands once we get her set up in the apple bobbin' station.  

You may also like; Gum boo machine

Have a look around, If you like what you see, please subscribe or follow me!

Until next time,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Halloween witch: DIY style

It's that time of year where I'm busy making Halloween decorations for our Halloween party.  This year I decided to make a witch ...