Monday, July 30, 2018

DIY Moss decor

I've been wanting to use moss decor in a arrangement of some kind.  The problem is I live quite a ways from town.  The closest Wal-mart didn't carry the moss balls I was looking for.  I did find them online, but I am not the most patient person.  I decided to try my hand at making my own.  I tried a couple different techniques, and thought I'd share how it went.


I bought some styrofoam balls and spanish moss at Wal-mart.


The first technique I tried cutting the moss into small pieces.  I used a glue stick to put the glue on the ball, and pressed the moss down firmly as I went.


Glue stick technique.


On the second one I used a hot glue gun and glued down small sections at a time.  When I had the whole ball covered in moss I used a pair of scissors to snip off any moss that was sticking up.


Hot glue gun technique.


I thought the hot glue gun technique looked the best and did the last one the same.

If you're the do it yourself type, you might just want to give this project a try.

Have a look around, if you like what you see, please subscribe or follow me!
Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Halloween witch: DIY style

It's that time of year where I'm busy making Halloween decorations for our Halloween party.  This year I decided to make a witch ...