Sunday, July 29, 2018

Porch sign- Front porch facelift

I've recently been working on giving my front porch a bit of a facelift.  I decided I needed a porch sign as part of it.  I've seen many different versions with different phrases.  I chose a few phrases that I liked and this is what I came up with.


I gathered some scrap wood I had left over from another project.  I cut 5 boards at 16 inches.


I then gave each of the boards a light sanding to get any roughness off.


I attached two smaller boards lengthwise to hold the boards in place.


I used white paint as a base coat. Then added back and green paint on the edges to match with my color scheme.


I used stencils and black paint for the lettering.


I attached a chain to the top using two fence staples.


Try this simple little project to give a unique touch to your front porch.

You may also like these front porch ideas: coffee table spoolvertical planters.

Have a look around, if you like what you see, please subscribe or follow me!
Until next time,



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Halloween witch: DIY style

It's that time of year where I'm busy making Halloween decorations for our Halloween party.  This year I decided to make a witch ...