Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Upcycled Gnome Garden




Ahhh, look at this little beauty!  My hubby tends to bring home treasures like this from time to time.  It sit out in the backyard for awhile mostly being used as a waterer for the squirrels.  It came so close to ending up in the landfill, until a idea from pinterest gave it a new life.


First things first, I gave almost every inch of this thing a fresh coat of paint.  Then a couple coats of clear sealer.


Every gnome garden needs a ladder!  I made mine with jute twine, a branch off a crepe myrtle ( it needed trimmed anyway), and a hot glue gun.


A couple sections on the top were in rough shape.  So I used liquid nail to glue on some marble rock and a hot glue gun to add some spanish moss.  I was going for a rock wall and vines look, what do you think?  


From there I filled the top with potting soil, added a couple succulents, and most importantly the adorable gnome decor.

A couple different angles of the finished product.

Have a look around and if you like what you see, Don't forget to subscribe or follow me.

Until next time,







No comments:

Post a Comment

Halloween witch: DIY style

It's that time of year where I'm busy making Halloween decorations for our Halloween party.  This year I decided to make a witch ...