Wednesday, March 28, 2018

piecing it all together


Have you ever had that project that just seemed to come together all on it own? This one seemed to do just that.  I found this gorgeous picture frame at a yard sale and just knew I had to have it.





 Now these rough little beauties are thanks to my hubby (mmmhmm, hoarder) kidding, not kidding.   He finds
 all kinds of random things and brings them home to me. 



So I just picked out the boards that were in the best shape.  I lightly sanded then cut down each board to fit the inside of the picture frame.




 I used the tiniest of all screws, so it wouldn't go through the frame, to hold each board in place.




 I used clear caulk, only because it's what I had, to patch the nail holes.





 I painted the frame black and the inside boards white.  Oops I guess I forgot a picture of a step.




I found this quote on pinterest and knew I'd use it on something.  On this project I used a black paint pen to fill in my stenciled lettering.  Since then I've learned permanent marker is so much easier if you have a unsteady hand.

Until next time,

3 comments:

Halloween witch: DIY style

It's that time of year where I'm busy making Halloween decorations for our Halloween party.  This year I decided to make a witch ...