Thursday, April 12, 2018

Vertical planters

I made this a while ago, sometime in 2014, and thought I'd share.  I love it, it definitely is unique.   I have had one of the pots break from some teenage horseplay but they easily are taken apart to replace if this happens. I found instructions from The horticult they have step by step illustrations if you need a little more help. 

Here's a diagram of how your going to put it all together.

From top to bottom these are some of the parts you are going to need: eye screw for wood,s hook,threaded eye bolt,coupling nut,threaded rod for length desired ( you will need a angle grinder or hack saw for cutting).
You will also need these for each pot.  It is called a test plug, you can find these in the plumbing isle. I picked mine up at lowes. you need to take them apart, you will only use the plastic parts.

You put one on the bottom and one on the top of each pot with a nut to hold your pots in place (I used 6 inch pots that I picked up at lowes). You also need to drill holes in each plug for water drainage( you'll need a drill and bit).
You may also like this front porch idea: coffee table spool.

Have a look around, if you like what you see, please subscribe or follow me!
Until next time,









No comments:

Post a Comment

Halloween witch: DIY style

It's that time of year where I'm busy making Halloween decorations for our Halloween party.  This year I decided to make a witch ...