Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Coffee can give a gift


It seems like just yesterday that the kids were let out for summer break.  Now in less then two weeks the new school year is about to begin.  This year is just flying by!  I was in Wal-mart a few days ago and fall decorations are already being set.  Before we know it Christmas will be here.  I know for us after we get the immediate family gifts bought, there just isn't much money left.  Try this cute little budget friendly gift for friends and family, or as my niece suggested to leave cookies for Santa!
Save your coffee cans now!


You can find templates on the folgers website under the promotions tab.  


I dug out some wrapping paper from last Christmas.  Cut out the template, and traced it on the backside of the wrapping paper.  Then simply cut it out and used a glue stick to attach it to the coffee can.


I pushed the eyebolt through the top of the lid.


Then used a nut on the bottom to hold it in place.


I painted the lid with some glitter paint to give it more of a christmasy look.


Then gathered some ribbon and ornaments.


I attached each ornament with piece of ribbon. Then added more ribbon to cover where the ornaments were attached.  to curl your ribbon pull the ribbon across the blade of your scissors while continuing to press with your thumb.  Or buy curly ribbon for an easier option.


Then simply add your favorite home baked goodies!


Have a look around, if you like what you see, please subscribe or follow me!
Until next time,





No comments:

Post a Comment

Halloween witch: DIY style

It's that time of year where I'm busy making Halloween decorations for our Halloween party.  This year I decided to make a witch ...