Sunday, June 3, 2018

Well, at least the flowers are loving the rain!

     Let me tell you we have been getting some serious rain for the last few weeks in Florida,  I feel like I've been mowing the grass every few days.  That being said along with the grass, my precious flowers are also loving all the rain. 

          
I'm not really sure of the name of this lily (there are so many!), a family member from Georgia gave us this one.



I believe this is a type of miniature rose.  I rescued three of these from a landscaping company, they were headed for the burn pit.


A type of sage, I rescued these from the clearance rack at lowes.


Banana trees that I transplanted from another area in our yard. Also new guinea impatiens my mom got me as a birthday gift.


I bought these marigolds for a BBQ for mosquito control, and another type of lily in the background.


Awwwww, the sweet smell of gardenia!


My mom gave me some starts of these mexican petunias. Beware these beauties will spread rapidly,   they are now on both sides of the house.


Lantana, another clearance rack rescue, growing beautifully in between the walking iris.


Walking iris, another gift from my mom. I divided these and planted between my lantanas, such gorgeous blooms.

Most the flowers that I have were either gifts or rescues.  Please forgive me if I get something wrong, I'm always learning, feel free to leave a comment.

Until next time...









No comments:

Post a Comment

Halloween witch: DIY style

It's that time of year where I'm busy making Halloween decorations for our Halloween party.  This year I decided to make a witch ...