Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Treats for the chickens

     Let me begin by saying I honestly had doubts that this would grow.  I was browsing around on pinterest one day and found this and was like hmmm.  I thought through the processing or packaging process that it wouldn't be possible.  To my surprise it actually did grow.







 This is how I grew popcorn from the grocery store to use as treats for my chickens.











  I put a layer of compost on the bottom, spread a layer of popcorn, then put another layer of compost over the popcorn.  Within 4 days it started to POP up.







 About a week later.















                                     

        With this little experiment I found that I planted to much popcorn at one time and its actually choking it out.  So I am going to replant less so I'll be able to keep trimming to have more treats for the chickens.













Either way the chickens sure seem to love it.











                                                                   Until next time...
                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Halloween witch: DIY style

It's that time of year where I'm busy making Halloween decorations for our Halloween party.  This year I decided to make a witch ...