Friday, May 25, 2018

Food for your hummers


                                                  D.I.Y.   HUMMINGBIRD    NECTAR
 Instead of running out to the store when your hummingbird feeder runs dry, just use this simple recipe. The supplies you're going to need
  • 2 cups of water
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • small pot
  • spoon
  • stove to boil your water
  • and of course your feeder
directions
  1. add 2 cups of water to your pot and bring to a boil(this gets out any icky stuff that may harm your beautiful visitors)
  2. add 1/2 sugar, stir well until completely dissolved.
  3. remove from heat and let mixture COMPLETELY COOL before moving on to next step
  4. pour your hummingbird food into the feeder,depending on how your feeder is made a funnel may help with this step.
I know some people that use red food coloring before adding the mixture to their feeder,  I've read that it is unhealthy for them as it makes their eggshells weaker.  Whether this is true or not I really do not know.  I quit using the red food coloring and still seem to get just as many visitors.  Just hang your feeder and sit back and wait for your little beauties to arrive.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Halloween witch: DIY style

It's that time of year where I'm busy making Halloween decorations for our Halloween party.  This year I decided to make a witch ...