Monday, March 26, 2018

laundry room curtain







 I can honestly say this project was a bit time
consuming, but I'm proud to say I stayed on this one until it was finished.







 I bought (so many) jeans from a dollar bag thrift store to get started.  I used a sheet from one I already had in the linen closet.  My dad was kind enough to make a template for me out of plexiglass.  And so the sewing began.



Using my sewing machine I stitched an X on each individual jean piece and the sheet backing to more easily hold them together.  From there I sewed them together to form kind of a column to the length I needed.

 

 Then I sewed the columns together. At this point this thing was getting SEW SEW heavy.  Once finished with the needed columns for width, I took a pair of scissors and clipped the fabric where its joined, when washed and dried it gives a frayed look.




 Yea I didn't want to look at this every time I did the dreaded laundry.





SEW much better!








         Have a look around, if you like what you see, please subscribe or follow me!
                                                                                Until next time,
                                  

3 comments:

  1. That is a good idea! I need to cover my hot water heater and never thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the ideahere’s also the curtain laundry service Singapore, btw you can also visit our website https://www.cottoncare.com.sg offering services in affordable prices. Keep it up!! God bless!! thanks for sharing. btw,

    ReplyDelete

Halloween witch: DIY style

It's that time of year where I'm busy making Halloween decorations for our Halloween party.  This year I decided to make a witch ...