Monday, April 30, 2018

upcycled coffee can

So let me just say, I drink a LOT of coffee.  So for all the coffee drinkers out there, here's a few ideas on how to reuse all those saved coffee cans.  My husband and son are always tinkering around with a truck or 4 wheeler or something.  They just throw their small parts in a coffee can, put the lid on, and they are safe until they get it put back together.  I seen what I think is a genius hack where you stack your already pre-measured coffee filter and coffee into the can.  I use them for feeding the chickens, they're perfect with the handle on the side. So here's a little project I did for storing my compost scraps until I can get out to the tumbler.







So I just punched a hole in the lid with a nail for the knob.  I used a nut and bolt to attach the knob to the lid.  It's really not necessary, but I just wanted to give it more of a canister look.
            I used a foam brush (I found it easiest to kind of dab) to paint a section of the can white.
                              I found some stick on stencils at wal-mart to do the lettering.   






Then lastly I just used a sharpee to fill in the lettering.  And there you have it a temporary solution for storing your compost scraps that looks a little prettier then just an old coffee can sitting on your counter.







         You may also like these recycling ideas: Coffee can give a giftHow I made my own hummingbird feeder

Have a look around, if you like what you see, please subscribe or follow me!
                                                                     Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. OH, I need to find a knob for mine. I did something very similar . Not quite as fancy but it is all flat black. Thanks for the knob idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found some inspiration, Thank you for the comment!

      Delete

Halloween witch: DIY style

It's that time of year where I'm busy making Halloween decorations for our Halloween party.  This year I decided to make a witch ...